Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Peroxide Mocha, On Ice!

So, it's time for my bi-annual "do something nice for a kid" activity, and with the help of my dear friend Corey Miles, I'm taking a very happy 5-year-old to see "High School Musical: On Ice!" tomorrow. I wish to god I were kidding.

After the initial "WTF am I getting into" thoughts were done parading around my head, I couldn't help but wonder, what's up with Disney productions On Ice? How does one translate the subtle interactions and clever plot twists of High School Musical into a visually stimulating ice-capade that kids can enjoy? And furthermore, what other classics could be put on ice? Platoon: On Ice? The Shining: On Ice? Jesus presents The Apocolypse: On Ice?

Tell me your ideas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Twin Peaks: On Ice! is a must, and would include a wonderful opening number titled "She's Wrapped In Plastic!"